LLUMC Medical Records - Health Information Management - Birth Certific

Birth Certificates


  1. How do I request a copy of my birth certificate? This applies if the person was born in San Bernardino County.

    If the baby is under a year, you may request a copy from the Public Health Department, Vital Statistic Section, 351 N. Mt. View Ave., San Bernardino, CA 92415. If the child is over a year, you may request it from the Hall of Records. Send request, application, and a check for $18.00 to Recorder and County Clerk, 222 W. Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino, CA, 92415. You may visit their web site at, www.sbcounty.gov or call (909) 387-8314 for detailed information.

  2. How do I get a social security number for my baby?

    If you didn't fill out paper work when you delivered the baby you must go to the local Social Security office with a certified copy of birth certificate to apply. If you prefer, you may access their web site at www.ssa.gov or call their toll-free number, 1 (800) 772-1213, for detailed information.