TOTALCARE BIRTH CENTER
When you are having a baby, choosing your doctor and hospital are important decisions that you must make. We believe that our TotalCare Birth Center is the perfect choice for beginning or adding to your family. We provide “TotalCare” because in addition to providing care for our healthy moms and babies, we are well equipped to deal with any problems that may arise for mother and baby.
The TotalCare Birth Center provides nursing care to inpatient high risk pregnancies, labor and delivery and after birth care for mother and baby. Our patients range from those with uncomplicated deliveries to those who are experiencing high risk pregnancies with special needs. We provide competent, safe and personalized care in attractive comfortable rooms utilizing advanced technology.
Our perinatal inpatient units, which include the TotalCare Birth Center and the Neonatal Intensive care unit (NICU), are located on the third floor and are dedicated to providing patient centered care which focuses on both the mother and the baby. You can rest assured that you will receive the support you need and the expertise you expect before, during, and after the birth of your baby. We understand that your family is an important part of your support system and we encourage them to be involved in your care as much as you desire. Regardless of which of our attractive inpatient units that you are placed on, care is provided by our specially trained physicians and nurses.
Why the TotalCare Birth Center is the right choice for your family
- Specially trained nurses for before, during and after the birth of your baby
- All nurses with neonatal resuscitation certification
- Spacious and attractive rooms
- A board certified obstetrician is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- One of the largest and most advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Units in the world
- An anesthesia physician is available in house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The first children's hospital to be designated “Baby-Friendly” by Baby-Friendly USA
- The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center specializes in the management of high-risk complicated pregnancies
- A part of Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital, the only medical facility in the Inland Empire specializing in the care of children
- Offering prenatal and newborn classes
- Lactation support
- Infant security procedures
The Sacred Hour
Everything is new to an infant. Light is unfamiliar and bright. The newborn cries as he feels the air against his skin. His mother reaches for him as he is placed on her tummy. Skin to skin with her, he's covered with a snuggly, warm blanket. For a few minutes, he cries. He hears her heart beat and, comforted by her touch, he relaxes. Soon, the baby will be weighed, thoroughly examined with everything entered into his own medical chart, but for the first one to two hours after his birth, his caregivers are creating the Sacred Hour, a time for the little one to bond with his parents. Click here to learn more.
The TotalCare Birth Center encourages breastfeeding as the best source of nutrition for your baby. All of our nurses and physicians have received training on how to support breastfeeding. We provide educational classes and support to help make breastfeeding a great experience for you and your baby. In fact, we have been designated as a Baby-Friendly hospital. This means we follow the "Ten Steps of Successful Breastfeeding". Click here to learn more.
Meet Our Kids
When Isaiah was born, he wasn't expected to live past his first birthday. Now, the fun-loving boy is excited to tell everybody of the infant heart transplant he received at two and a half months old and the great place that saved his life—Loma Linda University Children's Hospital.