ProgramsButton Battery Injury Prevention
- Battery Controlled is a partnership to share life-saving information with parents and caregivers about the potential risks of swallowing coin lithium batteries.
Fire, Burns and Scalds Prevention
- Safe Kids works to educate and spread awareness to parents and caregivers on the importance of creating a safe environment free of hazards that could contribute to serious fall-related injuries or death.
- Safe Kids is proud to offer Start Safe: Fire, a program designed to teach preschoolers and their families about fire and burn safety at home.
Suffocation Prevention and Sleep Safety
- Children under 5 are at greatest risk for unintentional medication poisonings. Safe Kids works to decrease preventable medication-related injuries and deaths to young children by promoting important messages in the community and in media.
- Unintentional suffocation is the leading cause of injury-related death among children less than a year old. Members of the Safe Kids Inland Empire Coalition strive to reduce unintentional suffocation deaths and injuries by educating parents and community partners.
TV and Furniture Tip-overs Prevention
- Safe Kids works closely with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to ensure that unsafe toys do not make it into the hands of kids or onto store shelves.
- Safe Kids works to educate parents and caregivers about the dangers of TV and furniture tip-overs and the importance of securing TVs and furniture at home.
- The Start Safe: Water program emphasizes three key messages for families when in and around water: Lock, Look, Learn. Safety messages are delivered to children, parents and caregivers through educators and community partners.