In support of individuals' scholarly contributions to the professional field of mental health, Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center (LLUBMC) has created a program for those interested in conducting clinical research. The goal of exploratory efforts is to apply the newfound knowledge to improve diagnosis and treatment of various behavioral diseases.
LLUBMC provides endless research opportunities in their state-of-the-art facility where patients can receive a full range of services in mental health care in multiple levels of care including inpatient, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient treatment. Furthermore, LLUBMC offers the unique advantage of specialized programs treating children, adolescents, adults, and seniors suffering from a variety of mental health issues including:
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration:
1. Demonstrate a strong commitment to a career in mental health
2. Faculty from Loma Linda University (LLU) or other universities, students from LLU or other universities, researchers from other agencies
3. Abide by all LLUBMC regulations
1. Obtain the "LLUBMC Policy and Practices Governing Research Guidelines."
2. Obtain, complete, and submit the "Request to Conduct Research in the Behavioral Medicine Center" form for approval by the LLU institutional review board and the LLUBMC research committee.
3. Once approved, investigator(s) are required to supply the LLUBMC research committee with a brief, written, monthly report of the progress being made on the project.
4. Upon completion of the project, investigator(s) are required to submit a written summary of the results and conclusions of the project to the committee.
Phone (909) 558-9271
Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center
1710 Barton Road
Redlands, CA 92373
Take the I-10 freeway to the California Street exit and go south. Turn left on Barton Road. Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center is on the northeast corner of Terracina Street and Barton Road.